The Latest from Paul!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dirty Muggs!!

Every Tuesday night the Missouri History Museum in Forest Park hosts "Twilight in the Park"; which features a local band.  This past Tuesday was no exception when Dirty Muggs performed.  I have to admit that I have been a Parliament/Funkadelic fan ever since 1976 when I was a freshman in high school.

Since I have every album and have been to most concerts in the area, I was actually planning to be disappointed.  They broke out with "Cosmic Slop"....I couldn't believe it!!   These guys actually sounded better than the actual Funkadelic live in concert.   They had mastered the original album sound of all the popular Parliament/Funkadelic hits.   I wanted to jump up on stage and play "Do That Stuff" for them.

There is no doubt that I will be checking them out whenever I have the opportunity.   You can check out their website for a calendar of events.  I really wanted to take more pictures but they jammed so hard, that I couldn't stop dancing.   You can look at the few pictures that I did take on my flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment